In the 1930s, Borough Engineer Sidney Little’s improvements gave a major facelift to Hastings seafront. In 1931 the seafront was extended to join Marine Parade and White Rock, with an underground car park underneath. In 1934 Bottle Alley was opened, and in 1936 more underground car parks were opened and the foundation stone was laid for Marine Court.
More from Changing
More from 1930s